I am blessed. Life is not perfect, but I am blessed.

We are heading towards the end of August already! And boy oh boy what a year this has been! I knew that God was taking me on a journey this year but never in my wildest dreams did I ever think things would pan out the way they have.

Let's just say that it has been a year of: learning, yielding, growing, seeking, trusting, adventuring, sowing, and most of all, blessing!

At the beginning of this year, I started trusting God for a sponsor as I started working full-time for an NGO called LIV Village. LIV is a holistic residential 'village' where abandoned, orphaned and vulnerable children are placed into a family environment and where all their physical, spiritual, educational needs are met. You can read more here or watch their latest documentary here. I continue to trust Him for a sponsor.

At the end of March, my daughter left home to travel for six months before starting University in the United Kingdom in September. I had prepared myself for this imminent departure, or so I had thought... The adjustment has been awful! I miss her dearly as we are very close and have an incredible bond. Whoever told me to raise her with wings should get a smack (only kidding!). I know the best thing for her is to flee the nest and learn and grow and and and but... I continue to trust Him to take care of her and to ease the ache in my heart.

Then in June we received the awful news that my oldest brother Craig, had been diagnosed with lung cancer. There was a tumor in his lung and in one lymph node. Having lost my Mom, my Father-in-law, and more recently (January of this year) my Mother-in-law to the dreaded disease, it was just the worst news to receive! A last-minute decision to go support him and his family for two weeks was the best I could do... I continue to trust Him for total healing in Craig's body! 


And then, roll on July... and our family is blessed beyond our wildest expectations with a three week vacation in the United States and Mexico. We went  over for my step-son's college graduation (so proud of him!!!) and then,thanks to Timeshare, we ended up being blessed out of our cotton socks at the most incredible resort on the beach in Mexico, as well as the opportunity to stay with friends on the beach in Miami... How amazing is God? Through all the struggles and hardships that life throws our way, He treats us with an "out of this world" holiday!

So what have I learned so far this year? To never stop trusting Him. He has us in the palm of His hand (Psalm 49:16). His ways are not our ways (Isaiah 55:8) but "He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly more than we could ask or imagine" (Ephesians 3:20), and that we just need to continue to trust Him (Psalm 27:14, Psalm 18:8, Psalm 20:7, Jeremiah 17:7, - and many more).


So I continue to trust Him for a sponsor. I continue to trust Him to take care of Ashleigh and fill the void of a Mother's sore heart. I continue to trust Him for complete healing for my brother. 

And through it all, I am grateful, for I really am well and truely blessed.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But what will people say?

A letter to my (almost) College kid

New Beginnings